Welcome to my blog Viewing My World! I have another blog A La Carte where I share my love of thrifting, tablescapes and other aspects of my life. This blog is to share my love of photography! I hope by starting this blog I will take more photos. Come along with me as I view my world through the lens of my camera.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

White House Chef

Murder, intrigue, cooking....what's not to love?
These are the basis for a new series of books I'm reading.  The White House Chef series by Julie Hyzy.  I found one of her books at a thrift store and thought it looked good.  The first book in the series is
State of the Onion
State of the OnionJanuary, 2008Winner 2009 Lovey Award for Best Traditional Mystery
2009 Anthony Award winner
2009 Barry Award winner
Best Paperback Original
Berkley Prime Crime
Mass Market Paperback
ISBN: 0425218694
ISBN-13: 978-0425218693
Never let them see you sweat -- that's White House Assistant Chef Olivia Paras's motto, which is pretty hard to honor in the most important kitchen in the world. She's hell-bent on earning her dream job, Executive Chef. There's just one thing: her nemesis is vying for it, too. Well, that and the fact that an elusive assassin wants to see her fry...
The highly-trained Secret Service agents couldn't do it. Snipers swarming the White House grounds were no help. Only Ollie Paras was able to stop the intruder-hitting him with a frying pan. She'd like to wash her hands of the whole thing, but after she witnesses a murder, there's no going back...
Ollie's Secret Service boyfriend warns her that the killer is a world-class assassin. And Ollie's the only person alive who can recognize him. Still, guilt propels her to investigate, even if it means putting herself -- and her relationship-in hot water...


This was such a fun read I decided to continue with the series and have read

Julie Hyzy is a fun, clever writer and the workings of the White House and Secret Service are a fun playground for her mysteries.  
If interested in learning more about her visit her website HERE

I'm joining Jenny Matlock for Alphabe-Thur 
and the letter H is for Hyzy

Viewing My World,

Linda


7 comments:

  1. You have piqued my interest with this post, off to check out the website.
    Happy A-T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never seem to have time to read Good H post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting recipe book finds. Hope you enjoy trying some of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. H is for Hyzy, but sounds like she writes about Hell's Kitchen! Sounds like an interesting mystery series. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! These look like fun books! I'll share this post with my book club members.

    Splendid Little Stars

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stopping by to say hello. Looks like it is a great series. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! A new author to try!

    I haven't heard of these but they sound like something both my husband and I would enjoy!

    Thanks for a fun link this week. I'm marking these down to look for at the library!

    A+

    ReplyDelete